Tuesday, January 31, 2012

(Late) Weekly Blog Roundup 1/31/12-Drugstore and other new swatches edition!

 I've been battling a cold and napping most afternoons after work, so it hasn't been a very productive week for me, blogwise. However, I did have some interesting stuff I wanted to share with you:

-Good news if you missed out on Wet n Wild's Behind Closed Doors, a dupe of Deborah Lippmann's Ruby Red Slippers. Ants in My Pants, a color in the new Spoiled nail polish line, is apparently the same polish. The I am Definitely Addicted blog did a comparison post about it, where she reveals that AiMP is slightly more glittery than BCD. Since Wet n Wild is the maker of the Spoiled line, I am not surprised.
-Scroll through I am Definitely Addicted and you'll see that she has quite a few swatches of different Spoiled colors up already. It's very exciting for those of us who are stalking our local CVS waiting for the Spoiled line to arrive. Spoiled polishes will retail for about $2, so this new brand will be a great addition for us addicts.
-Speaking of new affordable polishes, Nouveau Cheap has lots of swatches of different Jordana Glitters, which are scheduled to hit Kmarts this February.  G just posted part 3 today, and you'll find links to Parts 1 and 2 of her Jordana Glitter series in that post. Jordana Glitters will retail for $3 a bottle, so it's another exciting addition to the drugstore polish world.
-I continue to be amazed by the hard work so many bloggers do to swatch new collections. A prime example of this is The Polishaholic, who has swatches of the entire China Glaze Magnetix collection, Essie Navigate Her collection, and OPI Holland collection. Jen always does a beautiful and thorough job of swatching and reviewing the newest collections, and these are no exception. It was through her review of the Magnetix collection that I learned that the China Glaze magnet is a problem for other people, not just myself.
 -I received my polishes from the Zoya free offer today! Despite my issues with the processing time, I am thrilled with the colors I received and pleasantly surprised by the shipping time. I'm so excited to be adding these beauties to my collection. They won't be the last. Zoya's Tru collection arrives at my polish place next week, and I'm definitely going to be getting some flakies when I visit. 



1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the shout out! :) Here's the direct link to the Spoiled polish swatches (I think there's 15 up so far)... http://definitely-addicted.blogspot.com/search/label/Spoiled

    ReplyDelete