Friday, October 26, 2012

China Glaze Pizzazz: a ¨new¨ holiday glitter?

China Glaze Pizzazz over various purples, sunlight
China Glaze Pizzazz is from the Holiday 2012 collection, so it´s definitely new in the sense of being recently released. Whether it´s a polish we have seen before is arguable, though.

Pizzazz really reminded me of Deborah Lippmann's Happy Birthday, since they are both multi-colored glitters in a clear base. I would have pulled out my bottle of HB to do a comparison, but then I found this post from Berry T over at the Happyberrynaiad blog.  She's done a side by side comparison of Happy Birthday and Pizzazz, as well as having some beautiful swatches of Pizzazz over black and white. You can read the post for a very thorough comparison, but basically, she thinks the two are different enough for a fan of rainbow glitters to justify owning both.

Comparison of China Glaze Pizzazz with various rainbow glitters, from The Polishaholic blog
Meanwhile, over at the Polishaholic, Jen did this post where she compared Pizzazz to a few other rainbow glitters. You can see her comparison photo above. I think this is a good post to look to determine just how close Pizzazz actually is the other multi-colored glitters out in the polish world. If you're like me, you may already own more than one of them. Besides that, the post is an incredibly thorough comparison of a lot of this season's holiday polishes, so be sure to read it to avoid accidentally buying a dupe.

Regardless of its originality, or lack thereof, I picked up Pizzazz because I love glitters. I decided to swatch Pizzazz over 2 holiday colors, red and green. I also randomly swatched it over a purple skittle mani I had on the day I got it. Join me after the link to see more pictures.



China Glaze Pizzazz over NOPI OMB, sunlight
Here's Pizzazz over Nicole by OPI OMB. It's a glass flecked cherry red. It's a gorgeous color that definitely called out to me, despite the fact that I don't usually gravitate towards reds.  I think it's a really close cousin to OPI Love is a Racket. 

China Glaze Pizzazz over NOPI OMB, sunlight

I also swatched China Glaze Pizzazz over China Glaze Glittering Garland. Glittering Garland is one of my favorite kinds of greens, which I proved it by buying GG despite the fact that I already owned Orly Meet Me Under Mistletoe.  I love both of these greens, they are glass flecked forest color that are perfect for the holidays. Here's Pizzazz over Glittering Garland.

China Glaze Pizzazz over CG Glittering Garland, shade
China Glaze Pizzazz over CG Glittering Garland, sunlight

Finally, I have a last picture of Pizzazz over the purple skittle mani I happened to be wearing on the day I got it.

China Glaze Pizzazz over various purples, shade

3 comments:

  1. I definitely skipped Pizzazz and went for Glitter All The Way! I don't even use my Rainbow Connection from last year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love glitter a bit too much, I just saw all the pretty glitter and snatched up Pizzazz. I do love rainbow glitters, so I can't regret it too much.....

      Delete
  2. Other than the China Glaze, these are hard to tell apart on Polishaholic's swatch. They must all use the same source for glitter element.

    ReplyDelete