Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Tips and Tricks Tuesday-Holding your striping tape

Welcome to Tips and Tricks Tuesday! If you're not familiar with this feature, join the club. It's something I did early on in my blog and kind of fell off doing. However, I have a few ideas for content to share that qualifies as a tip or trick, so I decided to start doing it on Tuesdays again. :)
Using a scotch tape holder for striping tape
Here's an awesome idea I found out about through the Makeup Alley Nail forum. Somebody posted about this video and I think it's genius. Personally, I only have 3 rolls of striping tape that I got from the Fing'rs display, but the video shows that this works really well for multiple rolls of nail art tape.



It turns out, striping tape is the exact right size to fit onto an empty scotch tape dispenser. I think this is great for a couple of reasons. First, it eliminates the annoyance of finding and pulling the hidden end of the striping tape. Also, it stores the striping tape in a way that's consistent with the way that us nail art people use it. I actually only have 2 rolls of striping tape on my dispenser because I lost my first roll-they're so flat and small that I think they're easy to misplace. Thanks to this storage solution, I won't have to worry about that anymore!
The video mentions that the source of this trick is unknown. Like I said, I first heard about it on Makeup Alley, where someone posted a link to the video. I searched for it on Google Images and it shows up with Chalkboard Nails' watermark on her Tumbler but CN doesn't have a post about it. This post from Lanie Buck attributes it to something that Lace and Lacquer shared on her Facebook.  If you can further clarify who the original source is for this idea, please share it with me in the comments! Whoever it is, I think she's done a great service to the nail community!! 

2 comments:

  1. Great idea!!!! it is kind of a slap yourself in the head idea..."why didn't I think of that!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful Idea you are a blessing . Thanks so much

    ReplyDelete