Friday, January 6, 2012

Comparison-OPI Rally Pretty Pink vs. Orly Ingenue



OPI Rally Pretty Pink on Left, Orly Ingenue on right, 2 coats, sunlight
My good friend bought OPI's Rally Pretty Pink in an attempt to step out of her red/pink comfort zone. When we saw it at the store, it looked mainly gold. Once she wore it, she ended up falling in love with the way it flashes gold and pink. So much so that she wants a backup.  I got her a polish that's not exactly the same color but definitely seems like a dupe-Orly's Ingenue!



OPI Rally Pretty Pink on Left, Orly Ingenue on right, 2 coats, sunlight

I started off with a fake nail on a separate stick and compared it to Rally Pretty Pink, which I only had on the nail wheel. As you can see above, Orly Ingenue looks a bit darker in these pics. I wondered if that was just a consequence of having a solid object (the fake nail) behind it. So Next I removed the color that had been next to RPP on the nail wheel and did 2 coats of Ingenue right next to it.  
OPI Rally Pretty Pink on Left, Orly Ingenue on right, 2 coats, sunlight
On the nail wheel, the two colors are pretty similar.  Orly's Ingenue looks a tiny bit lighter and leans a smidgen more purple than Rally Pretty Pink. But for anything other than the most particular polish lover, I call them dupes!

1 comment:

  1. I think you're absolutely right! Between Rally Pretty Pink and Orly Ingenue the differences are almost negligible. I think Zoya's Faye also has a dupe in the Orly Holiday collection?

    ReplyDelete