Monday, January 16, 2012

Dollar Tree finds-haul post

Just wanted to quickly post about all my finds visiting the Dollar Tree and another discount store yesterday.


 I honestly went into the Dollar Tree not expecting much, but ended up having to limit myself to 5 items. In the end, I got a duo of Loreals, 2 Cover Girl duos, plus a duo and a single from Maybelline. Without a doubt, I'm most excited about the Matte Maker polish that was included in one of the Maybelline duos. It seems to work well in my initial tests on fake nails.  

Part of the reason I wanted to post is so that others know to check out their local Dollar Trees. There were two packs of Loreal, Cover Girl and Maybelline polishes. I've checked out the ingredient lists, they all seem to be Big 3 free, and they are such a steal! 

After the Dollar Tree, I stopped by a local retailer that's an outlet store for many items that grocery stores carry. They occasionally have polishes, so I stopped by the beauty section. Eureka! Turns out, they had Revlon polish 2 packs for sale. My eye was immediately drawn to Perplex, so I spent a good amount of time trying to find the best combo that included Perplex. The two pack ran me $1.79.Adding that to the $5 I spent at the Dollar Tree, I got 11 polishes for about $7.  It was a good day yesterday. :)

6 comments:

  1. I seriously love when dollar stores and Big Lots stores have fantastic finds like this. Yay!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too! My wallet doesn't hate me as much as usual those days. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those glitters look awesome - I miss older polishes from these brands, they were so great back in the day (although not 3-free). You'll have to post some swatches soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice! I must hit up some Dollar Trees in the States when I'm there next month. I have some of those triangular cover girl polishes with the glitter/glass flecks, I found them at cosmetics warehouse a couple years back.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dollar Trees are interesting because their selection varies so much. Sometimes they have a great selection including brande name deals like what I got and sometimes they only have their regular products. However, their regular selection of a brand called LA Colors is pretty good, they have polishes as well as nail art pens. I've heard it's a pretty good brand from other bloggers. (I've never tried them for myself, though I own a couple. Untrieds, how you get to be a bigger and bigger pile!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your picks :) I remember Dollar tree shops, I use to shop La girl cosmetics there :)

    ReplyDelete