Thursday, January 12, 2012

Wet n Wild Little Luxuries blurple-I did 4 coats and all I got was this lousy mani!


Wet n Wild Little Luxuries unnamed purple, 4 coats over white
Ok, maybe not a lousy manicure. But it's definitely one I feel is not worth it. Learn why, besides the obvious (4 freaking coats, for god's sake!) after the jump.




Wet n Wild's unnamed purple is part of the Little Luxuries gift set that came out for Christmas. It looks pretty darn good in the bottle. In fact, someone who loves blue and purples would probably be excited based on the bottle color, which definitely shows a duochrome shimmer goodness.  However, it was very disappointing to find out just how sheer this color was.   It took 4 coats to get opaque, and that was over a coat of white! I shudder to think how many coats it would've been if I'd started with this color on its own. Then again, I might've given up by the 2nd or 3rd coat and realized earlier just how sheer this polish really is.   

Unnamed blurple bottle. Looks good, doesn't it?

It's definitely duochrome sheer, subtly showing a light blue shimmer in the right light. However, I think this one is a topcoat only, to add a little extra pizzazz to an existing, opaque color . Like a lot of purples, this one is difficult to capture. In the pics it looks slightly cooler and bluer than it did on the nails.  It's not a bad color, it's just a color that's not great enough to merit all the coats!



Wet n Wild Little Luxuries unnamed purple, natural light
 If I hadn't thought of my manis per bottle experiment (which is describe in this post), I would definitely have trashed the polish after one use. I already have a color like it that's way less sheer.  I'll be doing a comparison somewhere along the way.  I'll be using this color a lot over the next few weeks, trying to finish the little bottle and finally find answers for inquiring minds. In the meantime, I don't recommend this polish unless you're in need of a blurple topcoat or are a glutton for punishment.  



No comments:

Post a Comment