Thursday, December 15, 2011

Comparison-Ulta Black Tie Affair vs. Wet n Wild Behind Closed Doors

Ulta  Black Tie Affair on ring and pointer fingers, Wet n Wild Behind Closed Doors on pinkie and middle, 3 coats

I mentioned that Ulta has a set of glitters that all seem to be Deborah Lippmann dupes and so of course I had to go to get them for myself.  I'm now going to show you a comparison of  on a coat by coat basis. Unfortunately, I got these polishes at night and the picture quality isn't great because of the lighting, but you'll get the idea. 


Ulta  Black Tie Affair on left, Wet n Wild Behind Closed Doors on right, 1 coat
Ulta  Black Tie Affair on ring and pointer fingers, Wet n Wild Behind Closed Doors on pinkie and middle, 2 coats
 
I applied the polish as I normally would, didn't try to manipulate the glitters in any way, though I sometimes went back in an effort to get each coat even. In person, I would say that BTA is a tiny bit darker than but is also a bit grittier than BCD. Also, I know from prior experience that BCD's hex glitters become silver as you remove them, and BTA's glitters stayed red. I even painted a bit on a piece of foil and brushed it with acetone to check!




No comments:

Post a Comment