Sunday, December 18, 2011

Christmas assortment manicure

Assortment pic 1, natural light
Thumb image-present (shade)

So I've had this manicure completed for a while now, but my schedule and the sun have just not been working together. This is my first manicure that I created myself and did based on my own design, although seeing all the wonderful nail art in the blogging world definitely influenced and helped a lot.  I did everything freehand based on shape cutouts. I did those cutting bits of envelope labels to fit the particular shapes I want. (i.e. triangle for tree, square for present, etc.)  The only one that was totally freehand was the candy cane, and it's one the ones that turned out the best, probably because it was so uncomplicated.

Assortment pic 2, natural light


Thumb image-present (natural light) I had a very hard time getting an in focus macro shot, the two pics in this post are my best attempt.


My main colors were China Glaze Glittering Garland and an unnamed red polish I got in Mexico from a brand called Ylsel. I used Wet n Wild White Creme as a base white, China Glaze Blue Year's Eve for the snowman's scarf and to shade the present, LA Colors Sea Foam Green for the ribbon, and Wet n Wild Party of Five Glitters for the tree decorations.  It is definitely came out differently and not as nice than what I planned, but you can tell what each shape is so I guess it's all good. :)

3 comments: