Thursday, April 5, 2012

Lorelei's Tiara half moon mani

China Glaze Lorelei's Tiara half moon mani
I swear, you guys, my plan is not to do 30 days of the *same* blue for Autism Awareness month. But my mani once again features Orly Stone Cold, Kleancolor Shining Sea, and China Glaze Blue Year's Eve. This time they are half moons peeking out from under China Glaze Lorelei's Tiara. Lorelei's Tiara was part of the Eye Candy collection that was released around the holidays, and it's a beauty. I'll tell you the unexpected places I got complimented on it and show you more pictures, after the break!


The Stone Cold blues, as I'll call them, all work really well with the blue glitter in Lorelei's Tiara. The China Glaze glitter is a dense blend of silver glitter with some turquoise glitter thrown in.  I layered it over Wet n Wild Metallica because I prefer a less gritty finish, but Lorelei's Tiara is pretty opaque at two coats. (Metallica is a silver foil, BTW)  This is my first attempt at a half moon manicure, and I'm pretty happy with the results.Sure, they aren't perfect, but the bottoms of my nails definitely look like half circles.

Now onto the compliments. I walked into a classroom of kindergartners and 1st graders on Monday and was wearing the half moon mani on my left hand and the Stone Cold blues look on my right. I go up to a student's desk, put my hand down on the table in front of her, and she starts looking at my nails. The first thing she asked was something to the effect of "What's going on there?" She was pointing at the middle finger of my comparison hand, which I've mentioned was noticeably lighter than all the other colors. After that, she started touching my right hand and told me she really liked it .She was referring to Lorelei's Tiara-all that glitter can't help but catch your attention.
My next compliment came at Walgreens, where I found they still had the St. Patrick's Day display out. I  was at the register paying for a polish from that collection and the cashier told me she liked my nails. Being supremely proud of myself and my success, I told her that they were called half moons and you can do them yourself. "No," she told me, "I like that glitter color, what is it?" I guess a color this sparkly and beautiful is too nice to go unnoticed, by anyone!

2 comments:

  1. Super cute half moons! I've never tried them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! As I started telling the cashier, you just use half a reinforcement label on the bottom of your nail and paint above it. :)

    ReplyDelete