Thursday, November 8, 2012

Lazy 15 Day 3-Dotted Dia de los Muertos

Sugar skull nails on Finger Paints Paper Mache, sun
PSA: The Blogger application for droids sucks. Hard. Last night I typed up and ¨posted¨ this manicure on my phone really late in the day. I hadn´t had access to a computer until now, only to realize that it never got posted. :(  The Blogger application is so terrible, this is only the latest of my bad experiences with it!

I originally intended to do sugar skull nails for the actual Dia de los Muertos on November 2. Unfortunately, I  ended up being too busy to do a skull mani for that day like I intended. However, when I saw that the prompt for the 3rd day of the Lazy Challenge was dots, I immediately knew I could do dotted sugar skulls.  I started with a base of Finger Paints Paper Mache and then used various dotting tools to create all the dots in the look. I also used the skinniest of the dotting tools to make all of the lines involved.

If you´d like more details on the polishes I used or to see more pictures, join me after the jump!

Day of Dead mani holding a real sugar skull
My mom still has a Day of the Dead display at our house honoring our deceased relatives, so I still feel my sugar skull nails are in season.

Sugar skull nails, natural light lamp
The polishes I used in this post are:

Finger Paints Paper Mache (white)
Jordana Boy Oh Boy  (teal turquoise)
Wet n Wild Sunny Side Up (orange)
Sinful Colors Dream On (neon purple)
China Glaze I´m With the Lifeguard (neon green)
Sally Girl Back Off (neon pink)

Neon color accents on sugar skulls, shade

That´s all for now. I´m off to try my hand at marbling. Wish me luck, I need as much of it as I can get!

No comments:

Post a Comment