Friday, August 31, 2012

Boy Oh Boy, do I like Wet n Wild School of Pyrotechnics!

Jordana Boy Oh Boy topped with Wet n Wild School of Pyrotechnics, with Kleancolor Teal Marble accent nail

I recently published some less than stellar pictures of Jordana Boy Oh Boy! I promised to do another mani that did the color justice, and I hope I´ve accomplished that  in this post. I recently picked up a color that I thought was a metallic version of Boy Oh Boy.  It´s Kleancolor Teal Marble, and I really wanted to do a manicure featuring both of these great colors. I came up with the combo above. Since I also really like Wet n Wild School of Pyrotechnics, I decided to add that over Jordana Boy Oh Boy. See more pictures and find out what I added to the accent nail, after the jump!


Accent nail with Kleancolor Teal Marble and "cloud" design 
I tried to do a cloud accent on the ring finger with complimentary colors. I think the colors look really good together, but my execution was off. I really blame the brushes, they were less than ideal. The gold had a super wide brush and the purple had a very narrow one. The colors used in this manicure are:

Jordana Boy Oh Boy
Wet n Wild School of Pyrotechnics

and on the accent nail:
Kleancolor Teal Marble
NOPI Not a Gold Bigger
Essence A Lovely Secret (purple)

I think I preferred the look before the nail art, so here's another picture of it.


I know a lot of you may not have seen Jordana brand nail polish in their local stores. The only large retailer I know for sure that carries it is Kmart, and those stores are very limited. However, I"ve been surprised to find Jordana displays inside my local supermarkets, FoodMaxx and Lucky. I've also seen it at random dollar stores. It's worth a look if you're interested in this brand, they have some great colors  like Boy Oh Boy.

China Glaze Turned Up Turquoise, Jordana Boy Oh Boy, China Glaze Custom Kicks and Four Leaf Clover
I took my bottle into ULTA recently in hopes of finding a dupe of Jordana Boy Oh Boy. I don't think any of the China Glaze colors I found are exact dupes of it. I tried it in comparison with Turned Up Turquoise, Custom Kicks and Four Leaf Clover. I think you can see in the photo above that Turned Up Turquoise was brighter than BOB, and Four Leaf Clover is greener. The closest match was China Glaze Custom Kicks.



The match is not exact, however. Custom Kicks has a subtle gold shimmer and Boy Oh Boy is a creme. Also a very minimal difference is that I think Boy Oh Boy is a  tiny bit lighter. (Or is it that it's bluer? Hard to tell.) Regardless, it's a great color, I think any green or blue lovers should have a color like this in their collection.  The fact that I bought creme and metallic versions of the same color proves how much I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment