Sunday, August 12, 2012

Wet n Wild Magnetic Igniting the Spark=pretty purple

Wet n Wild Igniting the Spark-a pretty purple magnetic
I've had really good luck with nail polish when I've visited my friend in LA. During spring break, I found microbeads to do my own caviar manicure and a polish supply store that sells mini bottles. Recently, I visited again and found a display of magnetic polishes at a Rite Aid in Glendale. The same polishes have only recently emerged in my local Rite Aids. Today I'm showing you a few pictures of Igniting the Spark, a light purple magnetic with a whitish-purple magnetic pattern. Find out my thoughts about this polish and check out more pics, after the jump.



I got this polish in part because I don't think I've seen a similar light purple polish. It's a bit less pink and darker than China Glaze Drawn To You.  As you can see in the pictures above, the base color is the a darker purple and the magnetic design is a light purple, nearly white color.



I used my China Glaze magnet to create the magnetic designs of this manicure. In part this is because the Wet n Wild magnet only has one design. However, I would warn people considering this polish that the magnet is not the best. It's actually seems pretty strong, but the problem is that it doesn't have a lip so that you can hold the polish close to your nail without having your nail touch the magnet.  I know my friend was trying it and being a first-time magnetic user, she got frustrated very quickly. You can find a much more detailed review than mine of the Wet n Wild magnetics at this blog, where Christina reviews 3 more of the colors in the collection and uses the magnet that comes with the polishes.

3 comments:

  1. I saw these yesterday and wondered how they'd be! Nice swatches!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like a few of the colors in this collection, I think Wet n Wild did a great job! The Polishaholic has a post about the green in the collection that's also really nice: http://www.thepolishaholic.com/2012/07/wet-n-wild-magnetic-drawn-together-by.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! Beautiful color!

    I nominated you for the Versatile Blogger Award:

    http://carolinesnails.blogspot.com/2012/08/im-versatile-blogger.html

    ReplyDelete