Monday, July 30, 2012

"Dipping Dot"-icure with Orly Decades of Dysfunction

Dipping Dot-icure on Orly Decades of Dysfunction
Sometimes, certain colors and designs just scream out a concept. For me, the concept of this manicure was definitely Dipping Dots, those little mini ball ice creams often found at amusement parks. The colors are all reminiscent of different flavors of ice cream to me. The base color is Orly Decades of Dysfunction, which is a really light pink. Then I added dots with OPI Mermaid's Tears (mint) and China Glaze Foie Gras (chocolate) and Dress Me Up (strawberry). I really love this manicure, I think the color combination is gorgeous. I'm not actually patting myself on the back by saying that, because I came up with color combination as a total fluke. Find out what happened and check out some more pictures, after the jump!



Dot manicure featuring Orly Decades of Dysfunction, OPI Mermaid's Tears, and China Glaze colors Foie Gras and Dress Me Up
So here's the story behind the color combination. I ate so many Dipping Dots that I started to see spots in front of my eyes and I knew I needed to do a manicure. Hah,hah, no, I'm just kidding. In reality, I picked Decades of Dysfunction, Foie Gras and Dress Me Up for a friend recently when there was a half-off sale on clearance items at Sally´s. The thing is, I had known about the sale ahead of time and contacted my friends asking if they wanted anything. Once I had the 3 colors all in my hands, they looked great together.  I knew I had to do something with the 3 of them before handing the colors over to their mommy. I am lucky I have great friends who are nice enough to try out a coat or two of their colors in exchange for all the latest polish news.

Dipping Dot-icure, shade. 
The dots in this look were created using dotting tools. I really recommend investing in a set if you like nail art. They´re fairly inexpensive and seem to make better dots than a lot of the household items that are alternatives. They´re also very easy to use-I did this dotticure on my dominant right hand.  I will have a post soon showing the beautiful nail art I did on the other hand using the same color scheme.




3 comments:

  1. I tagged you for a Leibster Award! Your questions, as well as rules, can be found in my post here: http://nottoopolished.blogspot.com/2012/08/ive-been-nominated-for-leibster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Dippin Dots!! So delicious. This manicure is very Dippin Dots-esque!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loooove this! So awesome.

    ReplyDelete