Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Chic in 18k gold-Commander in Chic with Sephora by OPI gold topcoat

Sally Hansen Commander in Chic with Sephora by OPI It's Real 18k gold top coat, sun
Whenever I go to my friend Esmeralda Pearlfinish's house, I take advantage of the opportunity to raid her stash. This manicure features two of Esme's polishes. I started with 2 coats of Sally Hansen Commander in Chic.  Commander in Chic is one of Sally Hansen's classic colors. It's a neutral polish that's the perfect combination of brown, grey and purple. Now that I've worn it, I total understand why it's a favorite!  Once Commander in Chic was dry, I added 1 coat of Sephora by OPI It's Real 18k gold top coat. It's a combination that was a bit unexpected, but it looked really nice. I enjoyed the manicure a lot!

Sally Hansen Commander in Chic with Sephora by OPI It's Real 18k gold top coat, shade
Sephora by OPI It's Real 18k gold top coat was one of the first of the "real gold" topcoats to show up this year.  Esmeralda Pearlfinish bought it as soon as she spotted it at Sephora, and she now kind of regrets it. She says she prefers the larger flakes of all the other gold topcoats that came out later. If you look at this comparison over at the Luxe Beauty Forever blog , you can see that the Sephora gold topcoat definitely has the smallest flakes of the 3 polishes. In The Polishaholic's gold leaf topcoat comparison, you can see the size of the flakes in the other gold leaf topcoats out there.  Personally, I think it's just a question of taste, and that some people may prefer the smaller flakes in the Sephora by OPI It's Real 18k gold top coat.


I've heard that the Sephora by OPI It's Real 18k gold top coat has been spotted on clearance for $8 in JC Penneys that have Sephora stores. I hope it's not too late for you guys to go get this polish at a discount if it's the kind of look you like.

Sally Hansen Commander in Chic with Sephora by OPI It's Real 18k gold top coat, shade
 Thanks again to Esmeralda for lending me her polishes, as well as for having so many colors I don't have. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment