The main reason I consider my trip to the thrift store such a success is because a lot of the polishes I found there seem to be quite old and/or rare. Here are the polishes I got and their names (if they have names):
- OPI- Iberian Bisque. I can't find out too much about it on the internet, except that it's long discontinued
- Orly-unnamed red shimmer. Very old school bottle. The label that would've had any info is worn off.
- Petites- unnamed pink frost. Though the bottle's label is intact, it does not have a name anywhere.
- CQ-Rose Topaz
- Revlon Street Wear-Fever
- Wet n Wild-unnamed dark brown creme
- Revlon- Pretty Rockin. Bottle top with also says "limited edition" above the name, but I can't find anything more about it on the interwebs
- Clinique-Baby Fingers
- Unknown brand without label-sheer pink
I'm especially happy to have a few of these. 1) The Wet n Wild because the old school bottle is what I remember seeing at the drugstore when I was young, 2) the Orly because the bottle is so old and 70's looking and 3) the OPI because it seems like such a rarity.
Usually, why I hit the thrift store, my aims are:
-find any polish in a small bottle so I can empty it out for later use. (again, more on that in this post)
-find cheap polish that will be for nail art or frankening purposes only.
-stumble across the bottle of Clarins 230 that someone unknowingly threw out.(Hey, it could happen! It most likely never will, but it's still possible.....)
Do you ever shop for polish at thrift stores?