Friday, March 16, 2012

Sinful Colors Green Ocean on deep purple= pure magic

Sinful Colors Green Ocean over Wet n Wild Buffy the Violet Slayer, sunlight
I am a huge fan of purple and of the television show Buffy the Vampire Slayer, so when I picked up Wet n Wild Buffy the Violet Slayer, I was predisposed to liking it. The awesome pictures of it on Scrangie's top 10 post didn't hurt, either. But the purple color really blew me away on the nail. The deep blue violet is such a saturated, beautiful jewel tone! The addition of Sinful Colors Green Ocean on top of the polish turned it into pure jaw-dropping gorgeousness.  Keep reading to see more pictures of this amazing combination!
I'm not really sure what I can say about this amazing combination that pictures don't say way better,  so here goes:
Sinful Colors Green Ocean over Wet n Wild Buffy the Violet Slayer, sunlight


I knew that the purple would play well with the blue and green flakes in Sinful Colors Green Ocean, but WOW! This was just such a beautiful combination. My nails looked like they had opals on them. Gorgeous!

An additional note is about Wet n Wild Buffy the Violet Slayer. The color does stain a bit, but I think it's well worth the effort. Just use a good basecoat and you'll be fine.

As for Green Ocean, I find it really interesting that the flakies in the polish appear more blue than green once it's on the nail, especially over black. The polish does have a bit of glitter mixed in with the flakies, so removal is a bit difficult but as bad of a full-on glitter. At $1.99, this is definitely the best flakie for the price. I urge anyone who likes flakies to get it immediately! I even wrote a post to remind people about it. Find it before St. Patrick's Day when this flakie will disappear faster than a fleeing leprechaun!

No comments:

Post a Comment