Saturday, March 3, 2012

My Valentine´s Day mani (a couple of weeks late)

I was looking though the photos on my phone during the long plane ride home yesterday, and ran into these pics of Valentine's Day manicure. I wanted to post them before it hit St. Patrick's Day, LOL!  Learn more about the colors I used and more details after the jump.

So the color scheme for this manicure emerged because of my starting idea, which ended up being a fail. I wanted to do a crackle polish heart manicure, but the only crackle color I had that was more of a Valentine's Day hue was purple. So I used that, along with pink and purple, as a starting point for the different nails. In the end, I was not able to make a believable heart shape with my crackle, but still like the color scheme a lot.
For this manicure, I used:

OPI Big Apple Red
OPI Grape, Set, Match
Sally Girl unnamed white
Unknown brand/name pink
Wet n Wild Sparked

If you look really carefully, you can see that the mini hearts didn't all turn out perfectly. However, I still thought they looked adorable, and would never have been able to do it without a heart tutorial that Rebecca posted over at Rebecca Likes Nails. I'm not much of a nail art person, but having the picture really helped me feel confident I could do it. I got a few compliments on the mani, as well.
I took a couple of pictures trying to capture the pinkie nail, which sports WnW Sparked over the purple. My camera sucks, so the pic above was my best attempt. I added the glitter to tie that finger in with the rest of the color scheme.

No comments:

Post a Comment