Saturday, March 24, 2012

Orly Stone Cold-Ooohh, sparkly!

Orly Stone Cold, sunlight
My absolute favorite color in the world is turquoise. Since turquoise can be rather loud in clothing, I have a ton of turquoise accessories and polishes. Orly Stone Cold is such a beautiful shade of shimmery turquoise, I can't help loving it. I actually have a near dupe of it, but it doesn't have nearly as much sparkle, so I kept both of them. Find out what the other polish is, and see more pictures, after the jump.


Orly Stone Cold, sunlight
I found this Orly nail polish on sale at Sally's. When I got it home, I realized that it was very close to China Glaze Blue Years Eve. Despite this, I just couldn't bring myself to return my purchase. You see, Blue Year's Eve is glass fleck, and Stone Cold is shimmery glitter. Every time I saw Stone Cold and thought about returning it, it just sparkled at me in its bottle. I just couldn't bring myself to return such a pretty turquoise.  Now that I've worn it and experienced the sparkle in the full sunshine, I'm really glad I kept it. I guess I'm just a sucker for turquoise, and a slight difference in finish is enough for me to justify owning as many as possible. :)


Orly Stone Cold, natural light

Eventually, I want to do a comparison between Stone Cold and Blue Year's Eve, but I didn't do it this time. Here are a couple of links in the meantime. Jessica compares Orly Stone Cold to OPI Swimsuit....Nailed It! in this one, and the All You Desire blog has a post comparing China Glaze Blue Year's Eve, OPI Swimsuit....Nailed It! and Color Club Cold Metal. You can see that all of these colors are in the same color family.

No comments:

Post a Comment