Friday, March 9, 2012

Sinful Colors Cinderella and Revlon Whimsical, matted- a great match!


Sinful Colors Cinderella with Revlon Whimsical and matte topcoat, natural light

Even though I have plenty of polishes I could try out after my trip to Mexico, something about Sinful Colors Cinderella just called to me and I knew I had to wear it. I ended up not only wearing it plain, but doing adding that special "neutral" glitter, Revlon Whimsical and a matte topcoat. Join me for more pictures after the jump!



Sinful Colors Cinderella with Revlon Whimsical and matte topcoat 
For this look I used:

Color Club Factory Girl (2 coats)
Sinful Colors Cinderella (2 coats)
OPI Mod About You (2 coats, ring finger only)
Revlon Whimsical
Maybelline Matte Maker

Like a lot of nail bloggers, I'm really enamored of Sinful Colors Cinderella. I like pastels and blue anyway, but I just love the combination of baby blue with the sparkly pink glimmer!  I started with 2 coats of Factory Girl because I had tested Cinderella and had found it a bit sheer at 2 coats. To really play up the pink glimmer in Cinderella, I decided to do my accent finger with OPI Mod About You, a beautiful pastel pink.    Though Factory Girl and Cinderella are very similar shades of baby blue, I would suggest using different "underwear" for Cinderella because Factory Girl is very streaky. I only wanted to do 1 coat of it, but it was so uneven that I was afraid the streakiness would show through, so I ended up doing 2 coats of Factory Girl. Then I added 2 coats of Cinderella. Once that was dry, I did 2 coats of Whimsical on top.

Cinderella and Whimsical are a really good combination, because the pinkish shimmer in Cinderella plays well with the pink glitter in Whimsical. Plus, the other glitter in Whimsical is baby blue, so it's a great match.  If you search images, you'll find a lot of people who've done swatches of the combination. Here's mine, LOL.
Sinful Colors Cinderella with Revlon Whimsical , sunlight

This is my other hand with the combination before adding a matte topcoat. I'm not sure how well it shows in the picture, but I really like how the pink glimmer peeks through all the layers and compliments the pink and blue glitters in Whimiscal. As a side note, I tried layering Cinderella over Mod About You on the ring finger. I really don't think you can see a real difference, which is why I ended up only sharing pictures of my left hand. I had hoped that having the pink "underwear' would make the pink shimmer in Cinderella a bit more evident. I don't think it did, the only difference I see is that the ring finger looks very slightly lighter than the others.

I really like this combination, I think Cinderella and Whimsical look lovely matted or shiny when they're layered. However, there's something about a matted glitter that really adds depth to a manicure, so if I had to choose, I'd say I prefer the matte version.

Do you own Cinderella? Has it lived up to the hype, or could you leave this polish at the ball for good?

No comments:

Post a Comment