Thursday, March 8, 2012

Quick post-Jordana Magenta Magic over Wet n Wild On a Trip

Wet n Wild On a Trip with Jordana Magenta Magic glitter, natural light
So this is a quick post because I actually didn't like this combo too much and took it off after a few hours. Basically, I didn't think the purple and magenta colors contrasted very much and thought that it made for a look that wasn't all that interesting. However, since I did take a few pictures, it can't hurt anything to share.

Wet n Wild On a Trip with Jordana Magenta Magic glitter, natural light

I actually really like Wet n Wild On a Trip as a color quite a bit. It's just a beatiful blueish purple creme that applied great in 2 coats.  I also like Jordana Magenta Magic a lot. Even though I don't usually gravitate towards pink, I could easily see myself reaching for this glitter as a beautiful accent.  I just don't think they were similar enough to be complimentary, nor were they different enough to be a high contrast combination.
Wet n Wild On a Trip with Jordana Magenta Magic glitter, in car

I was so displeased with the look of this combo that I never set aside a few minutes to take "official" photos of it, but I did catch a few on my cell phone. I'm actually surprised that the purple is fairly color accurate in the natural light photos. One of the reasons I didn't bother to photograph the mani more is because of the difficulty of getting accurate pictures of purples.  I didn't want to spend hours of my day on look I didn't think was all that great.   Hopefully you enjoy the polishes more than  you are disgusted by my terrible photos and dry skin, LOL.

 Do you like this combo better than I did?

No comments:

Post a Comment