Friday, March 16, 2012

Gold sponging on China Glaze Riveting

Kleancolor Tiara Gold and Kleancolor Shiny Summer Days sponged over China Glaze Riveting, sunlight
When I saw swatches of the China Glaze Hunger Games/Capitol Colours collection, Riveting was the only color that really appealed to me. (I don't consider flakies a "color", per say, so Luxe and Lush doesn't count.)  It just seemed to be full of shimmery, glass-flecky goodness. The bright orange polish does not disappoint in person. The polish has a ton of golden shimmer flashing though it, so I immediately thought of combining it with gold. I sponged it with a couple of Kleancolors and am so happy with the results. See more pictures and of the Kleancolor polish bottles, after the jump.
 So the two cleancolors I used on this mani are:

Tiara Gold (gold hex glitter in a lightly tinted gold base)
Summer Days (silvery gold frost/shimmer with silver glitter)

Here's a bottle shot of all the colors:

Kleancolor Summer, Kleancolor Gold Tiara and China Glaze Riveting
I initially had the idea of having just the gold glitter on the nail, but Kleancolor Gold Tiara has the same problem a lot of hex glitters have: it's really hard to evenly spread out the hex glitter. I decided to add a bit of Shiny Summer Days first to make the gold look more even. Here are a few more pictures of the manicure:

Finally, here's a picture of the same manicure in the shade. It's a bit blurry, but it's the only one that turned out. You can see a bit of the silver glow that Kleancolor Shiny Summer Days has.  

Whenever I looked at my nails with this look, I thought of a fire. The gold glitter complimented the fiery shimmer in Riveting quite well. I really loved this manicure and hope you like it, too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment