Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Salon Express stamping sets for $7!

Salon Express Nail Art Stamping Kit at Ross
Today I went and ran some errands and happened to go into quite a few discount stores. I was really surprised when I ran into the Salon Express stamping kit for the first time at TJ Maxx. I was less surprised when I ran into plentiful supplies of the kit in a couple of other places. The other two stores were Ross and DD's Discounts. In all the stores, the polishes were priced at $6.99. Keep reading to see the pictures and for links to a few reviews of the product!
Salon Express Kit at DD's Discounts
I first read about this set back in November on the Nouveau Cheap blog. The post referred me to Caitlin, was the original blogger to write a post and later a review about it on Something Creative. Later on, G of Nouveau Cheap did her own review.
Salon Express Kit at TJ Maxx
Colette over at My Simple Little Pleasures did a  post and made a very thorough video with the stamps in the set. Here's a link to her post, which also has the video imbedded. Feel free to check out any of these bloggers to hear their thoughts.

 I bought the stamping set as soon as I heard about it on Nouveau Cheap. I haven't used it enough to write a complete review, so I'll keep it short. In the stamps I tried, the larger stamps work fine but some of the smaller stamps don't seem deeply etched. Also, I didn't use the provided scraper, just an old plastic gift card, which seems to be a universal recommendation. Finally, it seems that the plates in these kits vary slightly, but mine are the same as the ones that Caitlin at Something Creative got. (Colette at My Simple Little Pleasures seems to have a slightly different set.)

5 comments:

  1. What a great set for that price! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd love to get these at this price! Any extras you'd be willing to trade?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am very pleased to find this site. I wanted to thank you for this great read!! I definitely enjoyed every little bit of it and I have you bookmarked to check out the new stuff you post.
    www.poojametalprocessors.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fine information, many thanks to the author. It is puzzling to me now, but in general, the usefulness and importance is overwhelming. Very much thanks again and good luck!
    http://gaiindia.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice post. I like the way you start and then conclude your thoughts. Thanks for this information .I really appreciate your work, keep it up .
    http://mackexperts.com/bholaindustry/

    ReplyDelete