Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Finger Paints Asylum-Flakie Flakiness

Finger Paints Ayslum over China Glaze Near Dark
After swatching Finger Paints Asylum over a variety of colors, I'm less than impressed. This pic is what I think is the most interesting, join me after the jump to see Asylum over more colors.

Edited to add: also, be sure to check out Asylum over several colors in a later post.
 
I don't know guys, after testing Asylum over a number of polishes and doing swatches over 3 different colors, I'm less than impressed. (I will share pics of the test colors tomorrow, I missed my chance to take sunlight pics today.) It seems that while these flakies do really well over black, all other colors are iffy.

I thought the color looked best over dark blue and dark purple, so I used a color that was combined both, CG's Tempest. Then I used my dark grey franken and CG's Near Dark for the next set of swatches. Admittedly, I was limited because those were the only colors I had with me, but I'm really underwhelmed by these swatches. Did I just choose bad colors? Are my sky high expectations to blame? I expect a bit more versatility than this in a clear flakie. I'm  actually thinking of returning a couple of these! Thoughts?

Finger Paints Asylum over China Glaze Tempest 1

Finger Paints Asylum over China Glaze Tempest 2
Finger Paints Asylum over dark grey franken, sunlight # 1
Finger Paints Asylum over dark grey franken, sunlight # 2
Finger Paints Ayslum over China Glaze Near Dark, 




























No comments:

Post a Comment