Friday, December 30, 2011

Comparison-Revlon Top Speed Jaded vs. China Glaze Refresh Mint

Here is absolute proof that I am always drawn to the same kinds of colors:More pictures after the jump.
China Glaze Re-fresh Mint on left, Revlon Jaded on right, sunlight


I picked up Revlon Top Speed Jaded on a whim on Black Friday because all Revlon was on sale and I just couldn't pass up the opportunity to pick up this lovely green. Unfortunately, once I got home and looked it over I realized something was amiss. I pulled out my bottle of China Glaze Re-fresh Mint, and sure enough, Jaded was very similar. (BTW, China Glaze, what's with that wacky spelling?! If you're going to put an unusual dash/symbol in your color, shouldn't it be around the actual color, not breaking up a perfectly good word? Like calling it "Refresh-Mint?"  But I digress....)  Here are the pics:

Revlon Jaded on left, China Glaze Re-fresh Mint on right, natural light

China Glaze Re-fresh Mint on left, Revlon Jaded on right, sunlight

I only swatched these on individual nails because I ended up returning the Revlon. Jaded is a tiny, tiny bit lighter than Re-fresh Mint, but I just can't justify having two such similar colors in my collection.  (I'm a cheapskate, and proud of it, LOL!)

This really only confirms how much I'm drawn to light greens, because every time I see Essie's Mint Candy Apple, I want that color, as well! I always have to remind myself, "You have Re-fresh Mint, they are practically dupes, buy a color you don't have!"

Are you always drawn to the same color?  Anyone have any useful hints to prevent the constant lemming of the same general color?

No comments:

Post a Comment