Saturday, December 31, 2011

Comparison-Nomadic in Nude vs. Waking Up in Vegas

Part of the reason I was excited to get the Color Club Back to Boho collection was that I had heard that Color Club's Nomadic in Nude is a dupe for Deborah Lippmann's Waking Up in Vegas. Though this post proves that this is not the case, I still like all the colors in the Back to Boho collection and am glad I purchased it.

Here are Deborah Lippmann Waking Up in Vegas and Color Club Nomadic at 2 coats a piece:
2 coats of Waking Up in Vegas on left, Nomadic in Nude on right


I have a few more pics after the jump.


2 coats of Waking Up in Vegas on left, Nomadic in Nude on right
Lest you think that maybe another coat of NiN will get the colors to match, here they are at 2 coats for WUiV and 3 for NiN. 

2 coats of Waking Up in Vegas on left, 3 coats Nomadic in Nude on right

While the two colors are definitely in the same color family, Nomadic in Nude is noticeably lighter. I do not own Waking up in Vegas, but I swatched it at the sample counter at Nordstroms one day. I own so few nudes that I'm glad I have Nomadic in Nude and can appreciate it on its own merits. I'll continue to search for a Waking Up in Vegas dupe, since I have no intention of ever spending $16 on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment