Monday, December 12, 2011

China Glaze Anklets of Amethysts-A Pinky Purple or Purpley Pink?

Yesterday, when it came time to polish my nails, I had a yen for glass fleck. I checked through my colors and ended up surprising myself by choosing China Glaze's Anklets of Amethyst.  AoA is one of my first 3 China Glaze purchases. It was also my first experience in bottle fraud-a color that looks awesome in the bottle but whose color doesn't translate to the nail.  It's an amazing pinky-purple in the bottle, but I think it mainly looks pink on the nail. And it takes 3 coats to be fully opaque. I'm not much of a pink gal, so it was a color I used the one time and put away.

After using this color again, I've come to really appreciate it. It has glass flecks which are beautiful in the right light. And the color is very nice, it just wasn't the color I initially expected. Also, the opacity means you can layer one coat of this over something else to give an extra special glow. Overall, I'd say this was a good purchase despite my initial doubts.

2 comments:

  1. do you know what collection this is from? I don't think i've ever heard of or seen swatches of this colour before. I really like it. Maybe you can bring out the purple more by layering it over a purple polish

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm, it seems like it was from the 2006 We Adorn You collection. And one good thing about the opacity is that you can layer it over another color and give it a beautiful shimmer-I'll have to try it over a purple next time.

    ReplyDelete