I initially passed on China Glaze Glittering Garland because it looked too close to a polish I already own, Orly Meet Me Under the Mistletoe. After seeing lots of gorgeous swatches of Glittering Garland , I changed my mind and bought it.  Did I make the right choice? 

One of the first things I did once I got home was do a comparison of the two on a nail wheel. Here are the outdoor pics:
Meet Me Under the Mistletoe on left(3 coats), Glittering Garland on right(2 coats)

 And here are the outdoor pics I took today, sporting an alternating mani of the two colors.

Meet Me Under the Mistletoe on pointer and ring fingers, Glittering Garland on pinkie and middle fingers. Meet Me Under the Mistletoe was 3 coats, Glittering Garland was 2 coats.

And here are some indoor shots. They make the difference between the two polishes seem much more pronounced in the bottle, but you'll see that on the nail it's much closer. BTW, I hope that you appreciate that in choosing the pic that showed the difference better, it happened to be the one where tip wear was most apparent.  (Sorry, guys, I skipped the base and topcoats today.)

Meet Me Under the Mistletoe on pointer and ring fingers, Glittering Garland on pinkie and middle fingers
As you can see, both are dark green jellies with a green and golden shimmer.  Glittering Garland is slightly darker than Orly Meet Me Under the Mistletoe, and Orly has a bit more of a blue tint to some of its glass flecks. However, it is not really very noticeable unless you're incredibly observant.  I showed my manicure with the alternating colors to a couple of girls and they couldn't believe it was 2 different polishes. They both have decent formulas but MMUM is slightly thinner.  It took me 3 coats to get Meet Me Under the Mistletoe to full opacity, while it only took two for Glittering Garland.  Here's a link to a post that discusses the same topic, but does a more thorough explanation:

Both are great holiday polishes, but you only really need one!