Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Neon week- zebra skittles

As a teacher's aide, I go to class "circle time" every day and am painfully aware that summer is officially drawing to an end. (Fall officially begins this coming Saturday, the 22nd.) Before it's officially over, I wanted to do some manicures featuring some of the fluorescent polishes I've sported over the summer. Here's my first one.

Neon zebra skittles
I'm sure you've seen a ton of zebra print and a ton of neons in the past, but I couldn't find many images of the type of mani I'm sporting now and I figure it can't hurt to share.

To see more pictures and find out what polishes I used, plus to see bonus pics featuring my thumbs, join me after the jump!

Here's my left hand with the rarely seen thumb shot:



On my left hand, I used:

Orly Beach Cruiser-pink
Sally Hansen- Blue Me Away
China Glaze Yellow Polka Dot Bikini-yellow
Sinful Colors Irish Green-green
Sinful Colors Summer Peach-orange (thumb)

I used mostly the  same on my left hand, except I changed out  SH BMA with China Glaze Sun Worshiper



I stamped using Salon Express black stamping polish in black and MASH plate #10.

My thumb features Sinful Colors Dream On

I think I've shared in the past that I'm not a huge fan of a full neon manicure in one color, but for some reason I do love it when it's skittles like this. When you add a cute stamping design like this zebra print, it makes for a super fun look!

1 comment:

  1. I agree - a full two hand mani in neon can be overwhelming, needs a bit of toning down. Great idea to do skittles))

    ReplyDelete