Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Nail Art 4 Life~ OPI Metallic 4 Life with silver accent

OPI Metallic 4 Life with Wet n Wild Metallica based accent nail

Here's a manicure I sported recently with a couple of different techniques for the accent nail. I started with 3 coats of OPI Metallic 4 Life on most of my nails. I started with a  base of Wet n Wild Metallica on my two accent nails. Then, I added black accents with a different nail art technique for each middle finger. Because I wanted to have a similar glittery look on the accent nails, I topped it all off with a coat of Color Club Platinum Record, a silver hex glitter mix in a clear base. What were the 2 nail art techniques I used? To find out and find video tutorials for both, jump!

OPI Metallic 4 Life with black polish and silver glitter on the accent nail


OPI Metallic 4 Life with "distressed" style accent nail
On my left accent nail, I used the nail art technique described in this post by Chalkboard Nails. You end up with a more rough, edgy look with this technique.  It was super easy to do and I will definitely be trying this technique again in the future. I only have one suggestion beyond the tutorial. I wiped off the brush with a paper towel to ensure that the brush was super dry; it provided the sparse coverage I was looking for. In both looks, I used Wet n Wild Black Creme as my black.




My other nail uses a technique that I haven't heard of as much. The only place I could find it is this Youtube tutorial from Cutepolish, which is where I first saw it.



You use a dental floss applicator to add stripes of polish to your base color. It's super easy! What do you think of the look?

OPI Metallic 4 Life with "dental floss" style accent nail
Do you have a preference between the 2? Could you even tell the difference underneath the glitter? ;) Feel free to comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment