Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Today marks the end Hispanic Heritage Month!

    
Mexican themed mani for September 16th, sun
     What's that, you had no idea? No worries, I barely did, either, and I'm Hispanic! The only reason I know is because I happened to be watching some Spanish language tv and there was a commercial about it.  Hispanic Heritage Month is from September 15-October 15, if you are curious. I'm actually more embarrassed after learning that it's been around in the US since the Johnson administration! Anyway, I only mention it is as an excuse to post these nails I rocked for  Mexican Independence Day last month. 


Mexican themed mani for September 16th, shade
     Many Americans are under the impression that 5 de Mayo is Independence Day in Mexico, but the real holiday is September 16th.  I think most people in Mexico would have no idea if you asked them about 5 de Mayo, unless they work in a tourist destination.  The holiday there is September 16th.  Just like last year, I rocked some Mexican inspired nails to celebrate Independence Day. 
     Find out what polishes I used in this manicure by jumping. 

Mexican themed mani with jelly polishes, sun

I used the following polishes in my manicure

Kleancolor Red Hot- red jelly with red hex glitters

Orly Peaceful Opposition- white jelly with silver hex and square glitters
Layla 302 - green jelly with green hex glitters
China Glaze Ingrid- brown "eagle" in flag
Sinful Colors- Snow Me White
Sinful Colors- Energetic Red


Mexican themed mani featuring Kleancolor, Orly, Layla and more, shade


No comments:

Post a Comment