Saturday, September 7, 2013

31 Day Challenge, Day 1: Red Nails, featuring lip stamping!

Red lip mani featuring lips from Winstonia stamping plate 104, sun
Hi, guys! Welcome to my attempt at the 31 Day Challenge! As I discussed earlier, I will be doing this on a weekly basis rather than a daily one because that works better for my schedule.


Red lip mani featuring lips from Winstonia stamping plate 104, shade
I totally based this look on this mani from Cris over at Let Them Have Polish! She shared this stamped look as one of her options last year for her 31 Day Challenge red prompt. I totally encourage you to check out LTHP's 31 Day Challenge archives. Cris is totally amazing, she's done a ton of gorgeous looks. She said she wasn't happy with her lip stamped look in the mani I'm basing mine on, but I loved it! However, I'm using Winstonia plate #106, which only has 1 individual lip image. I knew that doing a whole mani full of lips would be a fool's undertaking, so I opted for skittles. Find out what polishes I used and see what my right hand variation looked like, after the jump!
For this look, I used the following polishes on both hands:

L’oreal He Red My Mind
Wet n Wild Black Crème
Sinful Shine Wisp
Sation Men-ipulation
Red lip mani featuring lips from various polishes, right hand, shade
I used my right hand kind of as an experimenting hand, checking to see what things did or didn't work in my combination. (For instance, I nixed the adding the black lips to the white after trying it on my right hand. )So my right hand also includes:

Fergie Tonight's Gonna Be a Good Night (black and gold glitter on middle)
Sephora X Chaotic  (black and white glitter on ring)


Red lip mani featuring lips from various polishes, right hand, sun
I actually preferred the way the mani looks with the matte white glitter of Chaotic, compared to the pearly white glitter of Sation Menipulation. However, I couldn't find my bottles of Sephora Chaotic or Icing Milky Way when the time came to top off my left hand.  :( You can see the differences between the 2 types of white glitters if you look at my ring finger versus my index finger above.  Sation Menipulation is still a really cool polish, and I do think the black shards in it give the mani an extra edge. 


Red lip mani featuring L'oreal He Red My Mind, sun
I stamped the all the lip images with Winstonia plate #105.   I got the Winstonia plates last month as a birthday treat for myself, and so far I'm really happy with them! I suspect that a lot of my Challenge posts will feature images from these cool plates!
Red lip mani featuring L'oreal He Red My Mind, sun
Some of you with really good memories may be asking yourselves whatever happened to the MASH stamping plates that I posted about a long while back. Well, I'm asking myself that, too! Unfortunately, I moved last summer and my beautiful MASH plates got lost in the shuffle. I haven't been motivated to stamp without some great images to inspire me.  The Winstonia plates certainly address that issue, and actually make me miss my MASH plates all the more! 

I'll be back next week with the orange prompt from the 31 Day Challenge. :)




No comments:

Post a Comment