Saturday, January 26, 2013

Wet n Wild Party Rocks polishes=more repromoted Spoileds

Here's a post I began writing a while back and then completely forgot to follow up on. Hope the info in here still helps, even if it's largely outdated. The Wet n Wild Party Rocks collection was out for the 2012 holidays, so these polishes aren't available in most drugstores anymore. My post talks about how most of them are dupes anyway!

There hasn't been much information posted about the Wet n Wild Party Rocks holiday 2012 nail polish collection and I'm not surprised-it's a bunch of repromotes! All but one of the "new" colors are repromotes of colors from the Spoiled line. To boot, all of the repromotes are also apparent dupes of Sinful Colors! Don't believe me? Join me after the jump for side by side pictures!
Ever since I first saw pictures of the Party Rocks collection, I suspected they were repromotes. Once I saw them in person, I was sure! I was at a Walgreens, which does not carry the Spoiled line, so here are my pictures of the holiday Wet n Wilds with their corresponding Sinful Colors polish.

Wet n Wild Bling it On with Sinful Colors Hottie
Wet n Wild Can-Can You Hang the Mistletoe with Sinful Colors Pinky Glitter
Wet n Wild Dancer is the Best Reindeer with Sinful Colors Frenzy
Wet n Wild Happy Holidaze with Sinful Colors Nail Junkie

Wet n Wild Teasy Peasy with Sinful Colors Queen of Beauty
As  discussed in my original post about the Spoiled line of nail polishes, a lot of Spoiled polishes are dupes of Sinful Colors polishes. Here's my list of dupes from the Spoiled line and what they were in the Wet n Wild Line, along with their Sinful Colors equivilant colors.
  1. Spoiled My Saturn Broke Down=Wet n Wild Bling it On=Sinful Colors Hottie
  2. Spoiled I Gotta Confection to Make=Wet n Wild Can-Can You Hang the Mistletoe=Sinful Colors Pinky Glitter
  3.  Spoiled Battle of the Sexes=Wet n Wild Dancer is the Best Reindeer=Sinful Colors Frenzy
  4.  Spoiled Use Protection=Wet n Wild Happy Holidaze=Sinful Colors Nail Junkie
Here's a picture of the only color in the Wet n Wild Party Rocks collection that is not a repromote of a prior Spoiled release, although it is a polish that was originally released back in the summer of 2012.

 I got this polish back when it was originally released, but have never swatched it. You can learn more about it and check out pics of it in an awesome jelly sandwich here with G of Nouveau Cheap.

If you are interested in seeing swatches of the polishes in the Wet n Wild Party Rocks collection, check out the Allura Beauty blog, which has a post where all the Wet n Wild holiday colors are swatched.

1 comment:

  1. Wow!!! These are all definitely re-promotes. Thanks for the heads up!

    ReplyDelete