Thursday, December 20, 2012

Christmas (Salad) Days- green glitterbomb featuring Orly Mermaid Tale

Orly Mermaid Tale over China Glaze Glittering Garland and Sinful Colors Cal You Later, sun
Here's a fun combination I wore after I decided I better get into the Christmas spirit and start doing some Christmas themed manis before it's too late. Unfortunately, I couldn't actually find any actual holiday stamps in my tiny collection of plates. The closest I came is this poinsettia stamp. I didn't want to get too complicated so I just stamped my middle finger. On the other fingers, I decided glitter was the solution. I started with 2 coats of China Glaze Glittering Garland, then added 1 coat of Sinful Colors Call You Later and 1 coat of Orly Mermaid Tale. I think the resulting manicure is blingy enough for the holidays. It actually reminds me a lot of Lynderella's green glitterbombs, like I Can Afford It and Salad Days.  However, there was a specific layering look that inspired this. Join me after the jump to see the inspiration and for more pictures!
Orly Mermaid Tale over China Glaze Glittering Garland and Sinful Colors Cal You Later, shade
Here's a picture of the mani that inspired me to try some layering over Glittering Garland. It's Lynnderella Do You See What I See? over GG. A fellow Makeup Alley Nail Boarder named Mel posted it last year, and I really love how sparkly and textured it looks!

Lynderella Do You See What I See? over China Glaze Glittering Garland and Sinful Colors Cal You Later, sun
Mel's photography skills are way better than mine, isn't that an awesome looking mani?

China Glaze Glittering Garland layering with Sinful Colors Snow Me White accent nail,  sunlight
I think Orly Mermaid Tale is a very pretty shade of cool green, I really liked it in combination with the lime green and dark green microglitter in Sinful Colors See You Later. And I love the glassflecky goodness that is China Glaze Glittering Garland.

Orly Mermaid Tale over China Glaze Glittering Garland and Sinful Colors Cal You Later, natural light lamp
For the accent nail, I used 2 coats of Sinful Colors Snow Me White, then stamped it with the poinsettia from the Born Pretty Hello Kitty stamping plate. I used Sally Hansen Rapid Red to stamp the flowers.

I'm happy that Christmas gives me a chance to break out this blingy mani. Are you wearing glitter for the holidays?

No comments:

Post a Comment