Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Inspiration Wednesday- Leopard French mani

Leopard French Manicure, featuring pastel dots over Wet n Wild 2% Milk

What do you do when you are craving pastel polish but can’t decide which color to wear? If you’re me, you decide to de a pastel leopard French manicure!  This look is totally inspired by Rebecca Likes Nails, who originally posted a neon version a couple of years ago.

Rebecca Likes Nails' original, neon, version
  Rebecca is much better at nail art than I am, but I’m still pretty happy with my results. At least you can tell what it’s supposed to be, which is not always the case with my designs.  To learn what polishes I used in this look, join me after the jump!

Sorry I don't have any other pictures of this manicure. All but 1 of my pics of this mani were on my Android phone, which I lost a week ago.

I started this look with 2 coats of Wet n Wild 2% Milk. After that, I used the brush from L’oreal Tea and Crumpets to apply a lighter color to the tips. For the spots, I outlined each one with Wet n Wild Black Crème and used the following colors:

China Glaze Lemon Fizz-yellow
China Glaze Kinetic Candy-blue
Revlon Jaded-mint
Sinful Colors Sweet Tooth-lavender

I applied all these colors with a dotting tool. I used a nail striper brush for the outlines.  It was surprisingly easy considering how awesome the results are. It's really rare for me to love any french manicure, but this one is definitely a keeper!

No comments:

Post a Comment