Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Do you see Magenta Motion or did I drink too much Summer Spritzer?


Sally Hansen Magenta Motion and Julie G Ornamental with Fergie Summer Spritzer on top
I.e, how do I combine these polish names for a post title? ;)

Here are a couple of polishes I picked up recently. I purchased Sally Hansen Magenta Motion during my huge Big Lots haul. It’s a shimmery raspberry pink that is just so pretty to me. Even though I usually don’t gravitate towards pinks, this one called out and demanded to come home with me.The formula was really good for Magenta Motion. Like most of the colors in the Sally Hansen Insta Dri line, it's practically a 1 coater and would probably work well for stamping.

Fergie Summer Spritzer is one of the new polishes released for the summer by the Fergie by Wet n Wild line. These are all seem to be new additions the Wet n Wild family, unlike the original batch of colors that got released. The majority of the polishes in this collection are glitters, so I had a hard time passing them by. I ended up picking up a few when they were on sale a couple of weeks ago, including Summer Spritzer. Summer Spritzer is a cheerful mix of gold, green and magenta hex glitters in a clear base. This polish really makes me think of Mardi Gras because of the color scheme.  

Sally Hansen Magenta Motion with Fergie Summer Spritzer, shade
Why do my hands each sport a different look? Find out and see more pictures, after the jump!





I decided to experiment with how I wore these two polishes together. On the right hand, I added a gold gradient to my tips using Julie G Ornamental before topping the look with 1 coat of Fergie Summer Spritzer.

Overexposed and underexposed in the same picture! Julie G Ornametal on ring, with Fergie Summer Spritzer, shade

On my left hand, I left my nails a single color except for the ring finger, which I polished with Ornamental. Even though the pictures aren't great, I think I actually prefer the simplicity of this look to the gradient on the other hand. Which do you like better? 

Sally Hansen Magenta Motion with Fergie Summer Spritzer, sun

No comments:

Post a Comment