Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Heat Index of Emerald City


Jelly sandwich with China Glaze Heat Index and OPI Lights of Emerald City
It's pretty sweltering here in California and in much of the west, so this is a good time to show you pictures of China Glaze Heat Index. Heat Index is one of the jelly neons from the 2013 China Glaze Sunsational collection.  It's a neon pink jelly finish polish.  Since I wanted to take advantage of the jelly nature of this polish, I decided to try a jelly sandwich with it. I did 2 coats of Heat Index, then added 1 coat of OPI Lights of Emerald City and then topped it all off with a last coat of Heat Index. I'm really happy with how my jelly sandwich turned out, and am looking forward to playing around with the neon jellies in this collection.

 I actually love the fact that the sandwich hides the iridescent glitter in OPI Lights of Emerald City. There's something about the combination of matte white with the iridescent glitter that I'm not huge on, so hiding that glitter and having the large square glitter peek through is a look I love. I thought the formula for Heat Index was pretty typical for a jelly. I used 3 thin coats in the overall look after testing things out on a nail wheel.

How will you be wearing your neon jellies?
Jelly sandwich with China Glaze Heat Index, OPI  LoEC, and bad cuticles
If you're feeling brave, join me after the jump. I'll have more pictures of this manicure, cuticles and all, as well as a foot picture where I compare Heat Index to China Glaze Flip Flop Fantasy. Join me after the jump, if you dare!
Here are some more of the pictures I got of China Glaze Heat Index with a layer of OPI Lights of Emerald City sandwiched underneath. I have no idea why I didn't notice that my cuticles are so yucky in these pics, maybe my brain was fried by the heat?


Jelly sandwich with China Glaze Heat Index and OPI Lights of Emerald City, shade

Jelly sandwich with China Glaze Heat Index and OPI Lights of Emerald City, sun
Finally, I have a picture comparing with Flip Flop Fantasy. Unfortunately, I didn't have my trusty nail wheel available, so it involves my pedicure. I had FFF on my feet and Heat Index on my nails. Heat Index is definitely darker and more pink than FFF. Now that I've warned you, scroll down if you want to see the picture.
 ++
 
    ++
    
        ++

            ++

               ++

                  ++

                      ++
               
                           ++

                                ++

China Glaze Heat Index on my hand, Flip Flop Fantasy on my toes

No comments:

Post a Comment