Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Baby, you're a firework?


4th of July "firework" manicure, sunlight
Just doing a quick post to share my 4th of July manicure. I started with 2 coats of Sinful Colors Snow Me White. It's an old bottle, so my index finger came out especially lumpy. I repainted that nail with the red I used in this manicure, a Sally Girl snowman red from last year's holiday.  I've tested it on a nail wheel and it's super close to China Glaze Ruby Pumps.  Anyway, I intended the "splatters" on my nails to look like fireworks, but I don't think I was all that successful. I think part of the problem is that my nails are so short that I couldn't fit too many "fireworks" on there.  I'm still glad I did it, it was a new technique I learned from this youtube video from cutepolish. I think I may try it again later with a different color scheme.

4th of July "firework" manicure, shade
Check out more pictures and see the cute Sally Girl snowman polish, after the jump!

4th of July "firework" or paint splatter  manicure, sunlight
Like I mentioned earlier, the red polish in this manicure is a Sally Girl brand polish that comes in a cute snowman bottle. I picked it up on clearance after the 2012 holiday. It's a red jelly polish with red glitter, just like China Glaze's Ruby Pumps and its many dupes.
4th of July "firework" or paint splatter  manicure, shade
For the blue in this manicure, I used Sinful Colors Into the Blue, from the Sail La Vie and Poolside collections. It should still be available at stores. I picked this polish up after someone on Makeup Alley did a comparison showing that it's very close to OPI Eurso Euro.  Into the Blue is a very dark blue creme polish. It's got a good formula and only needed 2 coats when I tested it on my thumbs.
4th of July "firework" or paint splatter  manicure, sunlight
Have you tried this kind of splatter nail look? What did you wear for the 4th of July?

No comments:

Post a Comment