Friday, July 19, 2013

Mint Manis for Talia Joy featuring glitter tips

Sally Hansen Gentle Blossom with Urban Outfitters Seadust on tips, sunlight
Hi, guys! Here's a quick mani I did for today after hearing the sad news about Talia Joy's death. The beauty blogging community is uniting in commemorating this sweet, special girl by wearing mint colored nail polish in Talia's honor. Talia was a beautiful girl with an even more beautiful spirit, and I'm sure she will be missed by everyone who was lucky enough to have his/her life touched by her.
Sally Hansen Gentle Blossom mani in honor of Talia Joy, shade

Sally Hansen Gentle Blossom with Urban Outfitters Seadust
For this look, I used 3 coats of Sally Hansen Gentle Blossom. It's a bit thin, which is why I used 3 coats to try to even the polish out.  Afterwards, I dabbed a bit of Urban Outfitters Sea Dust on the tips of my nails. As most of you know, this is a dupe of Deborah Lippmann's Mermaid Dream. I had experimented with a variety of glitters in combination with Gentle Blossom, but I found that Sea Dust was the color I liked most with the shimmery mint green. If you follow this blog, you'll know that I picked up Gentle Blossom during my epic Big Lots haul last Sunday. I've since learned that this polish was released back in 2010. I guess it just goes to show, you never know what you'll find when you go bargain shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment