Tuesday, October 2, 2012

NYC Peach Sparkle with glitter tips

NYC Peach Sparkle with OPI Spark de Triomphe tips
Today I'm posting a color that's quite a change from the bright polishes I sported during neon week. NYC Peach Sparkle is subdued, classy, but still gorgeous because of its beautiful gold shimmer. It's part of the limited edition NYC Summer in the City collection, but I've still seen its companion color, Golden Glam, around at my local Rite Aids. If you want NYC Peach Sparkle, look for it now, because it will get more hard to find as time goes on. If you own it, but haven't used it yet, what are you waiting for? ;) I wore it topped it with some OPI Spark de Triomphe and another color.  What was the other color and why did I need it? Find out, after the jump!





I really liked the gold shimmer in NYC Peach Sparkle and wanted glitter tips to accentuate it. I pulled out my OPI Spark de Triomphe and tried using it on its own over the polish, but I wasn't satisfied with it. Even though Spark de Triomphe looks like a cool gold in the bottle, it looked a bit silver with Peach Sparkle. To remedy the situation, I added a coat of Nicole by OPI Not a Gold Bigger to the tips of the my nails. When I added Spark de Triomphe over that, I was happy with the results.


I first learned about Peach Sparkle over at one of my favorite blogs ever, Nouveau Cheap. My wallet hates G but my nails love all the pretty polishes I've found out about over at her site. ;) Here's the post where she talks about NYC Peach Sparkle and the has pictures of the display it was part of. I'm hoping some of you still might be able to find it out at Rite Aid and other stores.

Here's Peach Sparkle on its own, before the glitter. In the shade:

And now in the sun, where the gold shimmer comes out to play more:



I own very few peaches but NYC Peach Sparkle has made me a fan! Do you like peach polishes?

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous! Peach Sparkle also made me a fan of peaches, I am absolutely OBSESSED with it! Love the addition of the silver sparkles too =)

    ReplyDelete