Saturday, May 19, 2012

Zoya Zuza gets splattered by Pirates (of the Caribbean)

*Warning, if you are disturbed by uneven nails, skip this post*


Zoya Zuza splattered with OPI POC collection colors Skull and Glossbones, Planks a Lot and Mermaid's Tears

 I had some reservations about sharing this post because my nails aren't all even in the pictures. As I shared earlier, I've had a lot of nails break on me recently and I cut down all of them as a result. However, I decided that this mani was good enough to post for a couple of reasons. Find out what they are, after the jump!


Zoya Zuza splattered with OPI POC collection colors Skull and Glossbones, Planks a Lot and Mermaid's Tears
The primary reason I wanted to share this manicure with you is the sheer gorgeousness of Zoya Zuza. If you like greens or blues or pretty polishes in general, I think this color is a must have. It's a beautiful color on its own, and I couldn't stop staring at it when I put it on. When i decided to use it as a base color for some layering, the possibilities seemed endless. This is one of those polishes that works really well with a variety of other colors.  I think the difficulty would be finding a polish that it won't look good with. I considered gradients, stamping or adding glitter before deciding to do a splatter.



Why splatter? I was inspired in part by all those who were successful doing splatter manicures, often for the first time, last week on Splatterday.   This is my first actually successful splatter mani.  I'd tried a few times before but was never satisfied with the results. This time, I thought the overall look after splattering all my nails was pretty cool.


I chose my color scheme based in part on my last manicure. I had just sported OPI Skull and Glossbones for the first time and had loved the "dirty" pastel look. When it came time to splatter, I thought all of the OPI Pirates of the Caribbean collection colors would look great with Zuza. In the end, I just used Skull and Glossbones, Planks a Lot and Mermaid's Tears. I stopped there because I thought the mani might have too much going on if I added more of the other colors in the collection, too. 

What's your opinion of Zoya Zuza? Have you tried a splatter mani? And are you totally disturbed by my uneven nails?

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous splatter!!! I love that combination of colours! :D

    ReplyDelete