Saturday, May 5, 2012

FYI: Cinco de Mayo is NOT Mexican Independence Day

but it IS a great excuse to break out my newly acquired bottle of China Glaze Party Hearty! Wearing it is basically the only reason I did this manicure, which also explains why my "eagle" is really just a brown blob. By the way, Mexican Independence day is September 16th, and that's when my family celebrated. Cinco de Mayo is really a American celebration of Mexican culture on a historically significant day, a day in which Mexican soldiers were vastly outnumbered by better equipped French soldiers and still won a battle.


      Isn't Party Hearty beautiful? Good thing it matches the flag, or I may have had to wait til Italy's Festa della Repubblica (Republic Day) on June 2 to be able to wear it!

In case you're interested, the colors I used for this mani are:
China Glaze Pearty Hearty
China Glaze Holly Day (green)
Sinful Colors Snow me White
Sally Hansen Rapid Red
Kleancolor Shiny Summer Days(gold)
Sinful Colors Nirvana (brown)

2 comments:

  1. YES, Party Hearty is gorgeous! Definitely my favourite polish to wear around Christmas. It's festive and fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was thrilled when I found it back in stock- I had passed on it when I originally saw it around November. After seeing all the beautiful manicures people did with it over the Christmas season, I realized what a mistake that had been, it's THE Christmas glitter to own!

      Delete