Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Fergie Hollywood Walk of Fame


Fergie Hollywood Walk of Fame over Orly Melt Your Popsicle
Hollywood Walk of Fame is probably the  most buzzed about polish in the  Fergie by Wet n Wild  collection. It's multiple colored large star glitters in a clear base. I can't think of any other polish from a major brand that features large star glitter, which is probably why this polish made a big splash with us polish addicts.

I actually did not purchase this polish for myself, but borrowed it from Esmeralda Pearlfinish, who loves glitter and stars. I only had a short window of sun when I took these pictures, which is why they're way less than perfect. However, I figure it can't hurt to put some more images of this polish out there, and maybe I'll reswatch it the next time Esme and I have a polish get-together. In the meantime, you check out some pictures of a great mani with this polish at this post on Polish Me, Please.

Hollywood Walk of Fame over Jordana Boy Oh Boy
I actually have some strong sentiments about this polish if you are considering using it. Join me after the jump to see more pictures and find out why I think this polish is problematic.

Fergie Hollywood Walk of Fame over Orly Melt Your Popsicle, shade


My warning to everyone is that the stars in this polish are very difficult to work with. Very few of them come out in the brush, so you end up having to fish the star glitters out. In addition, the glitters are so big that they do not lay flat on your nail. They end up bending up off of the nail.

I could not wait to take this polish off, because the sharp edges of the star glitters had lifted and were poking at me. In addition, fibers from my blanket had been caught by the pointy edges of the glitter while I slept, so I had to pick all of those off before photgraphing my nails.

Hollywood Walk of Fame after 1 night-see how the corners of stars are bent upwards?

The review over at Polish Me, Please covers a lot of other important aspects of the polish, like the super thick clear polish the stars are suspended in. Needless to say, I'm not a fan.  I think this may be a fun polish to wear for a short amount of time, but don't plan on wearing it for days on end.

Maybe some nail lover out there knows some tricks with topcoat or other tools that would get this polish to work better than it did for me.If you have a suggestion, feel free to leave it in the comments!

The colors I wore under Hollywood Walk of Fame were:
Orly Melt Your Popsicle-neon orange
Jordana Boy Oh Boy-teal blue
unknown pink on accent-it's from Esmeralda's stash and I didn't get the info :(




I don't own Melt Your Popsicle, so the only thing I would note based on my experience is that I used 2 coats of white underneath it and it still needed 2 coats to be fully opaque. Like most neons, it was difficult to photograph and my pictures aren't totally color accurate.

Jordana Boy Oh Boy is a great teal blue-green color. It's along the same vein as colors like China Glaze Four Leaf Clover.  It seems like it'd be great for stamping, it seemed almost opaque at 1 coat! I used 2 coats in the swatches, though.  I will definitely be using this color again and taking pictures that do it justice.

No comments:

Post a Comment