Saturday, May 25, 2013

Using My Maiden Name for nail art

Essie Using My Maiden Name with black and white.
Here is my only good picture of the nail art I did with Essie Using My Maiden Name. I actually broke a nail between finishing the nail art and photographing the manicure, which is why I had a limited number of decent pictures to choose from. :(  Essie Using My Maiden Name is a lovely bright purple with a pink shimmer. In the look I did, I used a black and white topcoat on 2 nails and did some watercolor nail art with the other 2. For the watercolor nails, I used Wet n Wild Ebony Hates Chris and Sinful Colors Snow Me White and dotted them into vertical lines on my nails. I then used my paintbrush dipped in acetone to soften the look. My pinky and ring finger feature a polish from Icing called Milky Way. It's basically their take on the popular black and white glitter topcoat. One thing I would mention about Milky Way, the glitter is much smaller in this than other glitters of this type, like Sephora Chaotic or China Glaze Glitz n Pieces. I actually am planning to do a more detailed post on it later, so stay tuned for that. In the meantime, join me after the jump for more pictures of Essie Using My Maiden Name.
Essie Using My Maiden Name, sun

Essie Using My Maiden Name, shade
I really don't have too much to add about Using My Maiden Name. It had a good formula, and the pink shimmer in it is really nice. It's not as strong as it looks in the bottle, but certainly is not hidden. The color of UMMN itself is a lovely bright purple that I think is great for springtime. The sunlight pictures are the closest to being color accurate, although we all know that purples are not the easiest to photograph. I'd check this one out for yourself, I think lots of you will like it!

Essie Using My Maiden Name, angled picture to show pink shimmer

No comments:

Post a Comment